1. Drink beer from a keg. Still not exactly sure why, but mom told me so, which brings me to number two…
2. Listen to mom and dad. Believe it or not: they DO know what they are talking about, and if your mom is anything like mine, without doubt you will hear a thousand “I told you so’s” should you choose not to.
3. Take care of yourself. Sounds simple; until you find yourself using the jaws of life to pry yourself out of bed each morning. Eat right, listen to your body, and exercise.
4. It’s OK to get in trouble as a kid. It makes for great stories later in life, and I am a firm believer that it also builds character.
5. Party hard in college. It hurts more after you graduate, trust me.
6. Eat crepes in France, drink beer in Germany, and sangria in Spain — before you learn you have Celiac disease.
7. It’s OK to get your ass-kicked at work, as long as you get back up again, and ask for more.
8. Find a mentor, confide in them, learn from them, be inspired by them.
9. Always stand up for yourself, regardless of the scenario.
10. Be kind to all; trust few.
11. Fight for positive change, always. If you don’t stand for something, you WILL fall for anything.
12. Make time for sleep.
13. Don’t put diesel fuel in your car — please don’t make me explain this one.
14. While I’m at it, don’t wait until you see the sign that says, “Last US Exit” to realize you have taken the wrong route home.
15. You don’t need a tent to camp. All you need is a pickup truck, a tarp, and good company.
16. Your life is not defined by the places you go, but by the people you meet.
17. Respect is earned.
18. It always feels good to be nice to others.
19. Let go of worry — it is simply rooting for failure.
20. Never apologize for who you are.
21. When you throw up in the bathroom at a bar, blame it on someone else. Then, get the hell out of there.
22. If life is a cake walk, you’re not taking enough risks.
23. Learn something from every experience, bad or good.
24. Spend a year living with your grandma; especially if she is cool, like mine.
25. You never know that value of a moment until it becomes a memory, so make each one worth remembering.